Beyond the Paycheck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for some philosophical discussion...

2 posters

Go down

Question for some philosophical discussion... Empty Question for some philosophical discussion...

Post by Derekrey Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:31 am

What would happen if I started calling myself a writer?

I mean... I want to be one, but I haven't calling myself one... So would the simple act of calling myself a writer change my behavior? I have to admit... I'm afraid to... So what does that mean?

Derekrey

Back to top Go down

Question for some philosophical discussion... Empty Re: Question for some philosophical discussion...

Post by Admin Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:34 pm

Nothing much would happen, although you will certainly have to answer questions like "What do you write?" "Who's your publisher?" and "Can I see your work?" whenever the topic of your writing comes up in conversation.

The thing is, "writer" is a pretty broad term. It encompasses authoring books or articles, copy-writing, technical writing, scripting, public relations, etc. When somebody says "I'm a writer" everybody has a different mental image of what that means. For some, that image may be of some Scotch drinking, pipe-smoking, ascot wearing Michael Caine look-alike casually banging out his latest novel on a typewriter, and for others the image may be of some weed smoking, Johnny Depp type pecking away on his old iMac to crank out another article for an online magazine.

Yes, being a writer could lead to becoming a pretentious jerk, as well as having to manage groupies, giving interviews, and attending numerous parties filled with other famous pretentious jerks. Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://beyondthepaycheck.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Question for some philosophical discussion... Empty Re: Question for some philosophical discussion...

Post by Derekrey Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:22 am

Sooo.... I need to get an ascot???

Derekrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum